Ensuring all air freight consignments are processed and cleared in accordance with HMRC stringent protocols meeting our required service levels. Plan, coordinate and own transport arrangements to ensure timely and cost effective collection/delivery of customer orders, airport collection scheduling and company depot transfers. Responsible for vehicle legal, health & safety compliance, & ensuring all certification is current & compliant with all legal requirements. Responsible for reporting and analysing key data for continuous improvement and margin delivery.
* Usage of ASM as third party software and to ensure all shipments customs cleared and collected on time without any delays or held up at airport.
* liaison between Customs & Excise, DEFRA/FERA and airline cargo handling sheds. Ensure procedures strictly followed with Port Health for High Risk products.
* All PEACH applications are complete for all relevant consignments.
* Plan daily out-loading schedules for O.T.I.F delivery to ALL our customers.
* Liaise and build relationships with 3rd Party hauliers to ensure customer delivery performance.
* Own driver team plan allocating work schedules/rosters, monitoring (including Agency drivers) & dealing with any staff and equipment problems that may arise.
* Participate in the recruitment, induction, training, rostering and continuous development of LGV drivers and logistics team.
* Responsible for measuring driver KPI's and to ensure all vehicles are roadworthy as per national standard operator's license.
* Ensure all transport activities fully conform to legal and H&S regulations.
* Transport documentation (temperature settings and records, licenses, tacographs, drivers folders, invoices) and equipment such as mobile phones and keys.
* Ensure that all necessary vehicle checks are conducted (roadworthiness, maintenance, cleanliness) and records maintained.
* All transport equipment (pallet trucks, security bars, tool kits, stores, spares i.e. lens covers, fuses etc).
* The return, checking-in and control (All relevant depts. notified) of returned goods.
* All transport-related queries brought to Logistics Office.
* Communicate with customers as needed to ensure delivery performance.
* Ensure one touch data accuracy for ERP systems
* Responsible for analysing and producing cost based activity reports v budget
* Educated to A level (National Level 3).
* A management or supervisory qualification to National Level 3.
* Must have previous working experience within a faced paced logistics and stock control operation.
* Experience of working in FMCG industry, supplying retail multiples, and managing teams would be a distinct advantage.
* Fluent English - Both written & verbal.
* Additional languages to a verbal standard would be beneficial.
* Should ideally live within a forty minute commuting distance to the site. Must be able to travel to other sites.
Health & Safety:
* Operate in accordance with the company Health and Safety policy and agreed safety procedures. Wear all protective equipment when entering Operational areas as appropriate. Adhere and work within company hygiene and medical requirements and ensure others are also compliant.