An innovative organisation in a specialist defence related industry is looking for a multi-skilled Fitter/Toolmaker to join their team. The successful candidate will be experienced, time-served in a fitter/toolmaker role with a wide cross-section of manual machining skills. With an extensive knowledge of manual lathes and mills, you will be comfortable machining to exacting standards. You will possess the relevant qualifications as listed (C&G, EITB), and will be required to support the development demands of the company in a quick and efficient manner to ensure our customers' tight timescales are met.
Primary Job Function;
• Use key skills in the development, manufacture, testing and support of company's projects.
• Key Skills;
• Extensive experience in the operation of manual lathes and mills.
• Experience in working to exact standards on complex, tight tolerance parts.
• Broad understanding of mechanical processes.
• Ability to work as part of a small team
• Knowledge of electro-pneumatic equipment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Preferably 5+ years in engineering manufacturing environment.
• Education/Qualifications Required
• C&G Mechanical Craft Studies (Parts I, II & III with a minimum pass level of Credit), EITB First Year 'Off The Job' Certification, EITB Module Training Certification, Toolmaking & Fitting and Indentured Apprenticeship.
• Must be a UK national and will need to pass security vetting upon employment.
CONTACT CHRIS - 07342 881460
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throug hout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.