We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, self-sufficient CAD Technician to join a company who specialise in bespoke composite timber/aluminium windows, doors & curtain wall faade.
Offering a starting salary of 30,000 - 45,000 (Depending on experience)
Role and Responsibilities
• Using Auto CAD and Inventor for the production of 2D drawings and 3D modelling
• Knowledge of curtain wall and faade design
• Taking off quantities to produce schedules
• Site visits, attend site design meetings and overseeing jobs from conception to completion
• Reporting on progress of build on site
• Production of general arrangement drawings, assembly drawings, material schedules, issue sheets, printing drawings, uploading and downloading drawings to web sites, sending drawings by email, ensure incoming and outgoing drawings are stored in accordance with company procedures and ensuring drawings are presented in accordance with standard company practice.
• Understand alternative materials and production methods, have technical, practical and scientific knowledge.
• To be able to use drawings, 3D models and computer designs to express creative ideas.
• Be comfortable to explain ideas and technical data to colleagues who may not be from a technical function within the business.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Use of Auto CAD is essential and Inventor preferable.
• Microsoft Office software.
• Appropriate education for the task - Structural/Mechanical/Civil Engineering
Working hours: Monday-Friday (8.30-4.30pm)
27 days holiday including BH, Pension