All About the Company
A leading global steel stock holding business, employing 1100 employees across 25+ locations in the UK with their own distribution fleet.
All About the Role
Over the last 12 months they have gone through a major transformation from a traditional Steel Stock holder to be The Centre of Excellence in machining including Tube Lasers, Auto Sawing, Bending and Flow Drilling for the group.
A centralised manufacturing plant servicing all group and external customers.
A great opportunity for a CAD Engineer experienced in Solid Works to create & produce digital drawings / programs for both the Commercial & Production departments.
Experience in Solid Works is essential, ideally within Laser technologies.
* Interpret, create & produce digital drawings from Customers specification & requirements.
* Programming for CNC Laser Profile Machines.
* Produce accurate costing / machine run times / estimates for customers & product development.
* Updating stock and orders, including inputting on the system.
* Work collaboratively by developing & maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance.
All about You;
You will have the passion, drive and confidence to work within the business in a collaborative, creative way.
Essential Skills for the role:
* Solid Work's experience with excellent verbal, written & numeracy skills.
* Good organisational skills including the ability to manage time and prioritise effectively.
* Confident computer skills with excellent attention to detail.
* A self-motivated individual with a positive flexible attitude and approach.
* Willing to learn new systems & contribute with ideas.