0845 257 6686
To lead the operational production teams to deliver high class efficient, flexible manufacturing performance in accordance with business objectives and strategic plans.
This will be achieved through the day to day effective leadership of a multi-skilled production team to drive for superior results, exceed KPI targets, and strive for continual year on year improvements.
Multi-skilled to deputise for other Team Leaders throughout the organisation
* Lead, motivate and develop the team, to ensure planned production requirements and quality standards are met whilst ensuring all Health and Safety and Food Safety, Customer and Company standards and guidelines are followed.
* Review team performance too and alongside your Assistant Production Manager regularly to identify areas for improvement and encourage progress of individual team members through performance review, developing and delivering agreed personal development plans
* Achieve shift KPI targets e.g. for line efficiencies, material usage variances and absenteeism
* Ensure the right quantity of product is made within the right timescales using the right quantity of materials and labour.
* Ensure all site specific Quality, Housekeeping and Hygiene standards are achieved or exceeded.
* Develop team working across the factory applying continuous improvement principles.
* Ensure daily safety inspections and audits are carried out, and issues raised to your Production Manager and H & S Officer for action.
* Accurately complete all required shift documentation for compliance against BRC, Customer and site specific quality standards.
* Continually brief your teams to provide them with the relevant information to carry out the shift to maximum effect
* Contribute with the planning, organisation, operation and installation of all new processes and equipment within the factory.
* To know all QMS, SOP, HACCP & GMP procedures and standards for your area and ensure they are complied with
* To plan and manage your teams timekeeping, absence, holiday and training to ensure you can achieve your main accountabilities.
Skills knowledge and experience
* Good solid experience in a production leadership capacity within an FMGC environment
* IT literate to intermediate level
* Knowledge of Quality Management Systems
* Energetic self-starter who is results orientated, tenacious and deadline driven.
* A high degree of self-belief and desire to progress
* Capable of providing clear direction for the teams; motivated to constantly drive safety, quality and production targets and efficiencies to a high standard.
* Promotes autonomy within the team, has a flexible approach, and encourages an ethos of managing upwards.
* Effective communicator; able to engage effectively at all levels with the ability to motivate, persuade, query and challenge.
* GCSE Level 3 Maths
* GCSE Level 3 English
* NVQ Level 2 Food Manufacturing
* NVQ Level 2 Team Leading
* Level 2 Food Safety Manufacturing
WorkForce Food manufacturing are responsible for placing several hundred dedicated operatives out to work every day across the West Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Order picking, Warehouse, Stores, Despatch, Packing, Assembly, Machine operating and FLT Driving. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email as they go live.