To ensure that all product and processes operate according to customer and company requirements at all stages of the operation. The role requires specific and in depth product assessment at key stages of the operation coupled with accurate data capture and reporting.
* To carry out accurate product assessments at key stages of the operation.
* Record and issue product assessments to identified staff and departments.
* To maintain and participate in a positive release system ensuring all products issued for dispatch are of the desired quality with accurate labelling and that all customer specifications are satisfied.
* To achieve an in depth knowledge of the characteristics of all products handled and how quality varies according to season, variety and origin.
* To ensure the quality of products meets our procurement specifications.
* To be able to clearly and confidently communicate with all levels within the Company on quality control related issues.
* To achieve an in depth working knowledge of all customer product specifications.
* To monitor the conditioning, grading, packing and quality through to final delivery to ensure that customer specifications are strictly adhered to. Action and report any non-compliance's to the appropriate personnel.
* To maintain the appropriate documentation as set out in the Quality Management Systems Manual.
* To effectively monitor the condition and suitability of stock held in stores and to highlight concerns
* To gain a working knowledge of the principle of cold chain and the maintenance of such a regime within the company.
* To be aware of the Food Safety Act and its implications regarding the operation of the business.
* To ensure that good working practice is maintained at all times.
* To provide an effective service to the Procurement & Sales and Technical Departments in all matters pertaining to product quality and food safety.
* To participate in 2nd and 3rd party audits.
* Educated to NQF level 4 or a relevant national vocational qualification equivalent. .
* Experience in a production environment or agricultural/ Growing environment
* Ideally some experience in a Q.C. role.
* Also exposure to other Q.C. procedures would be an advantage from a benchmark perspective.
* Fluent English - Both written & Verbal.
* Additional languages to a verbal standard would be beneficial