Work with commercial & procurement team to evolve forecast accuracy across multiple accounts and SKUs. Develop forecasting tools to improve accuracy & efficiency for sales team to provide a short, medium & long term forecast that can be easily manipulated to provide insight. Utilise category (Kantar) & retailer EPOS data to inform forecast and share trends with wider business. Work closely with Planning, Operations, Commercial & Procurement to maximise on shelf availability, yield, labour efficiency & margin.
* Work closely with Commercial team to develop forecasting tools, provide insight and increase forecast accuracy & bias
* Analyse customer demands and provide timely feedback to Commercial & Operations including daily review of orders versus forecast to ensure service level and waste are optimised
* Understand & communicate key drivers of forecast inaccuracy by customer & product, with regular reporting suite to quantify lost sales
* Develop medium (3-6 month & long term (6 month+) forecasting outlook to provide clarity for key product seasons, incorporating performance by retailer, vs LY and vs Budget
* Collate & communicate market intelligence to be able to provide order requirements based on sales, market trends, commercial and insights data
* Provide input and back up to the Supply Planning team in understanding forecast for existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
* Ensure that stock levels are maintained in accordance with customer order requirements.
* Work with commercial team to find & implement operational efficiencies to reduce labour, drive efficiencies and increase margin
* Continually review and develop the forecasting process to ensure the system develops in line with the companies needs and follows best practice
* Educated to QCF level 4 - 5.
* To have proven experience of demand forecasting or supply chain within FMCG
* Fully conversant with MS Office, especially Word and Excel
* Strong analytical and numerical skills
* Fluent English - Both written & Verbal.
* Must live within a reasonable commuting distance to the site.
* Travel to UK sites will be expected.
Health & Safety:
* Operate in accordance with the company Health and Safety policy and agreed safety procedures. Wear all protective equipment when entering Operational areas as appropriate. Adhere and work within company hygiene and medical requirements and ensure others do also.