Overall Job Purpose:
To plan effective transport solutions and control resources ensuring customer and business requirements are achieved while complying with legal responsibilities.
- Ensure all collections and deliveries (HGV and Van fleet) are planned in most optimum way and in line with compliance and business agreed SLA’S
- Build relationships with internal and external service providers and clients, networking proactively across the business to ensure efficient sharing of information.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the operation and process in regards to handovers, forecasts and capacity of the network in order to plan effectively and react to demands of the business.
- Review KPI’s with regards to collection and delivery performance and take action in areas in need of improvement.
- Update and maintain transport systems to provide the most accurate data for review and analysis.
- Understand and plan in line with regulations on driving hours, working time directives and road legalities.
- Consider cost impact of planning and take decisive actions to ensure the operation runs to budget. Think of wider impact to the business in everything you plan and support team in making changes to improve and optimise the network.
- Deliver on cost savings initiatives in line with personal and business objectives. This will involve optimisation, process change and analysis of data on forecast vs actuals.
Logistics & Supply Chain Workforce are responsible for placing thousands of dedicated professionals out to work across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Food Production, Food Processing, Warehouse, distribution and Planning. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.