As a Transport Administrator, you will ensure that all transport related administration is completed as per the requirements of our transport operation. This role includes general responsibilities for supporting the Regional Transport Manager where required. Maintenance of a filing system which is up to date, easy to use and clearly labelled and ensuring all data and information is kept confidential and not disclosed to anyone who is not entitled to access the information.
- Daily attendance, recording of sickness and holidays. Maintaining Kronos & Northgate with regards to staff attendance, ensuring all hours of work are correct and change forms are submitted in a timely manner to HR.
- Ensuring every member of staff provides proof of residence and liaising with Head Office Security to ensure compliance with Mail Integrity Code of Practice/POSTCOMM. Chase up HR missing documents from staff and liaising with the Supervisors to process this. Processing all the paperwork for new starters; issuing and ordering ID cards and uniforms. Updating files, processing change forms. Supporting Supervisors in investigation and disciplinary meetings, by taking and typing up notes
- The ability and requirement to raise POs for payment of services required by the transport department. This requires the ability to manage the raising of POs, the sign off and closure of the PO. POs require raising for all types of services related to the transport function, basic stationery, staff uniforms etc. Filing of all other paperwork that is received on a daily basis like invoices and delivery notes. Manage and report the costs on a weekly/monthly basis to the Regional Transport Manager.
Offer support to Head Office in respect of new members of staff. Ensure all staff queries relating to Salary, changes in personal circumstances are forwarded to payroll/Head office. Maintaining records of absence/long term sickness and reporting of, to HO in line with the Sickness Policy.
- Intermediate skills with MS Office particularly Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint skills for data analysis, presentation and reporting.
- Strong analytical skills - Able to analyse data, spot trends, draw conclusions and make recommendations to management. Ability to generate reports.
- Able to communicate effectively both on the phone, face to face and in writing to gain commitment from internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Excellent organisational skills, able to manage effectively in order to achieve deadlines through effective prioritisation and, where appropriate, delegation.
- Reliability and a high level of integrity. Able to work with minimum supervision. Can demonstrate the ability to effectively evaluate a situation and escalate appropriately.
- Excellent attention to detail, with a high degree of accuracy even when working under pressure.
- Have a good working knowledge of Transport Legislation. Good understanding of UK and EU driving regulations and working time directives.
- Knowledge of WTD in regards to Drivers Hours Regulations & tachograph compliance.
- A good geographical knowledge of the UK. Logistics & Supply Chain Workforce are responsible for placing thousands of dedicated professionals out to work across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Food Production, Food Processing, Warehouse, distribution and Planning. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help