The Laser Test Engineer will be required to test laser systems in a laboratory production environment, and will be primarily responsible for execution, development, calibration and documentation of a range of high power diode laser test stations as part of production process. The role will involve the optical assembly, test and characterisation of Nd:YAG laser systems.
Team work, high quality standards and excellent oral and written communication skills are essential. The Laser Test Engineer must be able to work proactively and independently.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. The position may require that employees perform other duties as assigned.
• Carrying out high power laser diode testing including -power, spectrum, near-field and far field beam profiling, polarization and thermal performance on a variety of mounted and unmounted laser diode bars and chips.
• Development and documentation of operating procedures for high power diode laser testing stations.
• Development, execution and documentation of calibration procedures for high power diode laser testing stations.
• Performs the set-up, calibration, testing and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments and mechanical assemblies.
• Recommending solutions to technical problems
• Analysis of testing data and presentation of complex results in a consistent and concise reporting format.
• New test station and methodology development including integration of equipment hardware and software.
• Manage test scheduling and results data base.
• Continuous focus on improvement of test station accuracy, repeatability and productivity.
• Working knowledge of measurement instrumentation such as optical power measurement heads, pulsed and CW current sources, micro-positioning and scanning systems.
• Excellent problem solving skills based on an analytical approach to tasks.
• Work effectively with co-workers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive, positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others.
• Keeping commitments and keeping others informed of work progress and issues.