0845 257 6686
We are currently recruiting for a Road/Rail Transport Planner to join our team in our Cannock Depot.
As a Transport Planner you will be responsible for planning the fleet of vehicles, ensuring their maximum utilisation and customer satisfaction.
Road/Rail Transport Planner Duties: • Provide Rail booking support for road team and the wider G&W Road Platform.
• Control rail revenue, costing and system maintenance, released, clearance etc...
• Ensure timely and prompt communication lines between rail and road divisions
• Understand the planning and operators role to assist with cover and driver / customer liaison.
• Deal with customer queries relating to all aspects of the transport function from enquiries to job instructions and invoice queries.
• Assist/Cover the Key Account roles both with Rail support and the operational requirements.
• Dealing with operational and commercial phone calls in a professional and customer focused manner.
Road/Rail Transport Planner Requirements:
• Transport planning experience (or equivalent) with strong organisational skills.
• Good geographical knowledge.
• TOPS experience - desirable but not essential
• Excellent IT skills.
• Good communication skills.
If you think that you are suitable for this Transport Planner role, please apply now! Please be advised that successful appointments are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
Logistics & Supply Chain Workforce are responsible for placing thousands of dedicated professionals out to work across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Food Production, Food Processing, Warehouse, distribution and Planning. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.