Responsible for sourcing and managing a portfolio of suppliers and negotiating contracts in accordance with the Company's needs in terms of price, quality and delivery. Achieve and Monitor annual savings in line with budget targets.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
• To source and identify best supplier for commodity range
• To negotiate contracts with suppliers for direct and indirect material: price, batch, delivery condition, warranty condition, consignment stock and tooling
• To liaise with Engineering Design Department and manage supplier selection for new product introduction and place orders for sample and tooling.
• To create annual savings plan in line with Group Purchasing Targets
• To achieve / monitor actual savings achieved in line with budget targets and report updates to Corporate Purchasing team as necessary.
• Work and liaise with the Corporate Strategic Sourcing team.
• To support Operational purchasing team in lead times negotiations if required to fulfil specific customer requirements.
• To update SAP supplier information records and source lists for any new change of supply
• Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required within the scope of the role.
Proficiency in Mathematics and English Language
Proficiency in SAP and Microsoft Office Systems (Excel and Access)
Engineering component buying/Sourcing experience
CIPS Certification or equivalent purchasing module (DESIRABLE)
Proven ability to negotiate contracts with suppliers
Proven ability to build strong relationships with suppliers
Demonstrative proactive approach and initiative in problem solving
Ability to communicate and interface diplomatically and effectively with all levels of the organisation, external suppliers etc
With other benefits apply to hear more!