We are seeking an Operations Manager to be based at their state-of-the-art machining facility in Wednesbury. The successful applicant will take over the day to day management of a growing production environment from the Group Operations Director.
Our Darlaston facility has undergone significant investment with a further program of investment & improvements identified by the Directors and we are now looking for the right candidate to drive the facility forward.
This role would ideally suit an ambitious and driven CNC Machining professional looking to join a highly successful family owned business.
Key Role Requirements:
- Define and deliver the Production Plan for the Machining facility
- Maintain the performance management system across key business KPIs driving the site forward through CI .
- Identify improvement projects focussed around raising productivity and supply chain performance in order to deliver enhanced service levels to customers and reduce costs to the business.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary production team including shop floor personnel.
- Work alongside the Group Operations Director to deliver an industry leading facility.
- Manage customer issues and maintain required levels of customer service throughout supply-chain.
- Maintain required Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality performance throughout the production facility in accordance with the required company standards and customer requirements.
- Able to identify and prioritise activities required to define & deliver a Manufacturing Improvement Strategy
- Proficient in the use of Lean and improvement techniques and methodologies e.g. Kaizen, Visual Management, factory design & layout, Original Equipment
Effectiveness (OEE), Single Minute Exchange of Dies (SMED):
- Ability to lead teams through a change process and engage across all levels of an organisation to deliver lasting change.
- Understanding of Profit and Loss management and delivering productivity improvements to reduce business costs, improve profitability and realise cash.
- Ability to operate under pressure and prioritise accordingly.
- Excellent decision-making skills, interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Minimum 10 years industrial experience.
- Aerospace or gas turbine supply chain experience desired.
- Experience of conventional machining environments essential, non-traditional/high integrity machining technology (e.g. EDM) experience desired.
- Direct production management experience valuable, managerial experience within a technical environment essential.
This is a permanent, full-time position, Monday to Friday.
Competitive rate of pay.