Hours: Monday - Thursday 7.30am - 4.30pm
Friday 7.30am - 13:00pm
Suitable for: NPI Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Process Engineer, Production Engineer
The NPI Engineer will be responsible for supporting current production whilst looking at implementing improvements as well as implementing NPI work. The NPI Engineer will be hands on in developing methods and process improvements across a number of in-house functions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Experience with running and programming 3,4,5 axis milling machines
-Experience with CADCAM packages Mastercam/offline or similar
- Skilled knowledge of Heidenhain and Fanuc controls
-Skilled knowledge of maintenance and repair of CNC machine tools.
-Extensive knowledge in metal cutting/modern manufacturing techniques
- Producing manufacturing processes and job setup sheets. New parts programs & strategy.
- Costing and times analysis
- N.P.I. (New Product Introduction) & evaluation for customers and internal use
- Trials & introduction of new methods/cutting tools
- Development and implementation of trial parts
- Design and manufacture of tools, jigs and fixtures
- Generating C.N.C. Programs ready for operator use
- Purchasing of tooling and consumables
- Leadership skills Training current workforce/apprentices
- Design and manufacture of components (3, 4 & 5 axis machining).
- Identify part routing, part fixture and tooling requirements and working with tooling suppliers.
- Create part set up and tooling sheets.
- Implement standard operations to sustain improvements & reduce variation.
- Investigating and problem solving of non-conforming components.
- Experience with various materials including Inconel
- Conversant with in complicated parts, part fixtures, tooling requirements
-Developing machining methods/practices
-Generating CAM programmes and inspection techniques
-Working on implementing lean initiatives
The successful candidate for the NPI Engineers position will have the following:
HNC qualified or equivalent within a relevant engineering discipline - Desirable
Machining experience with various metals, machine configurations and multi axis work (5 axis milling experience) - Desirable
CAD/CAM experience - Essential
MasterCAM Software - Desirable
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.