To monitor and report on the quality of raw material and packed products across intake, packhouse production and positive release. Ensuring that product is stored at the correct temperatures, meets customer specifications once packed and documentation is accurate, ensuring full traceability and with a true reflection of product quality at all stages of the process; alerting relevant parties of any concerns or issues as they arrive. Work with Management, Team Leaders and other team members to develop a team ethos and to deliver the aims of the business.
- To carry out the inspection of raw material at intake, prior to packing, in accordance with the intake procedure and alert relevant parties of any quality issues, defects or other relevant information.
- To report and record accurate information at intake, using relevant documentation, on all inspected vegetables, including stock code, number of crates, temperature, etc.
- Carry out quality checks of product on stock in the chillers and report findings to relevant parties prior to use, therefore ensuring correct rotation of stock and aiding production efficiencies.
- Check and record chiller temperatures twice daily and take appropriate action.
- Complete various packhouse checks prior to the start of production, such as scale checks using stamped weights, glass and hard plastic checks, daily start-up checks, etc.
- Understand, implement and monitor the knife control procedure within the packhouse.
- Assist with the making of sample packs as and when required.
- To print product pack and box end labels in line with approved company procedures, ensuring the information is correct and as per the customer requirements.
- Check product pack and box end label information to ensure that it is correct and complies with supermarket specifications in relation to: Best Before dates, bar codes, weights, supplier code, count, etc, both prior to release to production and whilst in production.
- Collect shelf-life samples and conduct shelf-life analysis throughout the life cycle of a given product.
- To ensure that food safety and health and safety legislation is adhered to within all areas; to include personal protective clothing, personal hygiene, site hygiene, etc.
- To fully understand and work with all necessary quality control instrumentation.
- To help set and maintain quality standards throughout all areas of arrival, production and positive release and to complete all relevant documentation as required.
- To fully support the production and management team whilst being quality focussed.
- Responsible for the dispatch and positive release to all our customers.
- Must be capable of juggling priorities and working to tight deadlines whilst always being quality conscious. You will need to liaise with staff on the packing lines, team leaders, the packhouse manager, technical team and other senior managers as necessary
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with a sharp eye for detail
- Capable of setting and monitoring the quality packing standard online
- Excellent organisation skills
- Motivated with the ability to work on own initiative
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to multi-task
- Physically fit and prepared to work in a chilled environment
- Computer literate and competent user of Microsoft Office
- GCSE standard qualifications (or equivalent)
- Food Safety in Manufacturing Level 1
- Basic Health and Safety
- Basic HACCP
- Fluent English - both written and verbal
- Other languages such as Romanian, Bulgarian, Lithuanian and Russian would be beneficial
- Must hold a full, clean and valid driving license.
- Within commuting distance of the workplace.