Job title: Legal Secretary
Salary: 19,500- 20,500
Our client requires a legal secretary to join their team on a full time permanent basis.
Day to Day duties to include:
• To assist with file management and ensure consistent reviews of files.
• To ensure accurate time recording of all work undertaken by your Fee Earner.
• To undertake such work as may be delegated by your Fee Earner or Partner in relation to client matters or any administrative duties that may be required.
• To assist your Fee Earner or Partner in prioritising the client matter and when appropriate advise the client and others of the progress of the matter.
• To attend to clients and others where needed on behalf of the Fee Earner or Partner, taking accurate instructions for your Fee Earner's attention.
• To undertake all work of a secretarial nature as may be requested by any Fee Earner including typing, word processing, photocopying, making and taking phone calls.
• To take and record accurately any message and pass the same on to the appropriate person without delay.
• To make appointments and maintain up to date diary entries.
• To deal with filing, storage and retrieval of client's papers and files, opening and closing of files, storage of deeds and other papers all in accordance with firm policies.
• To correctly identify and differentiate between DX, Royal Mail post and hand or other deliveries.
• To undertake any other duties as may be allocated by the Fee Earner or Partner from time to time.
As a person you will need the following qualities and experience:
• A proficient level of literacy and numeracy.
• Competent touch and audio typist.
• Experience of working within a team environment.
• Experience of data entry and/or text processing.
• IT literate with experience of the Microsoft Office suite of applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to interact effectively with others, both face to face and over the telephone, including an excellent telephone manner and comfortable dealing with clients.
• Proactive and able to work on own initiative.
• Organised and methodical with the ability to multi-task, prioritise and work in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
• Committed to excellent client service.
• Focused on achieving goals, adopting a can do attitude.
• Highly motivated and willing to learn.
• Ability to use shorthand desirable.
• An understanding of and adherence to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and maintaining confidentiality and integrity at all times.
Workforce Office Appointments team fill hundreds of temporary, temp to perm and permanent vacancies throughout Worcestershire and South Birmingham every Year.Operating from multiple registration centres across Redditch, Worcester and Kidderminster, our team offer a unique service tailored to match your exact needs and can assist you with the following job categories: Clerical / Administration, Call Centre, Customer Services, Sales & New business development, secretarial & PA, Accountancy & Finance, Professional and management!!