Role: Working within the Accounts Department assisting the Accounts Team in the administration of all Company Accounts business, with specific focus on learning and development around Accounting.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Gain an understanding of the basic principles of accounting both for client and company money.
• Assist and take responsibility for some accounting routines and checks for our client ledger such as processing daily cheque, credit card, iDeal, Paypal and BACS receipts in both our insurance and accounting systems, writing up cash books, posting to Sage, bank reconciliations, helping with insurer payments, and client refunds.
• Work regularly and efficiently with both Sterling and Euro currencies.
• Be able to identify, follow up and resolve errors that occur in the Insurance teams, and provide necessary feedback to them if appropriate.
• Support the team with a mix of routine weekly and monthly tasks; and with small projects to investigate or improve the way things are done.
• Learn and assist with the accounting for our associated company, Insurance Finance Services Ltd (BIFS).
• Progress both your professional training in Accounts and your understanding of the business and the insurance context.
• Be able to work with both accuracy and confidentiality, meeting deadlines and working with all staff to get the right information at the right time.
• Take responsibility for own learning, and prove a keen interesting in developing your career in Accounting
Office Workforce are responsible for thousands of temporary, temp-to-perm and permanent vacancies across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Our team offer a unique service tailored to match your precise needs, and can assist you with the following job categories; Clerical and Administration, Call Centre, Customer Services, Sales and Business Development, Secretarial and PA, Professional and Management. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.