Job Title: Buyer
Shift: Monday - Friday
Salary: 28,000 - 32,000
We are recruiting for a Buyer to join a one of Europe's most highly reputable FMCG businesses. As part of a key supply chain and purchasing function you will lead purchase of raw materials and finished items for the manufacture of a wide range of products for a corporate and retail customers around the world.
As a Buyer you will be responsible for:
• Working closely with existing and potential suppliers
• Negotiating the best price and quality for Raw Materials
• Building good trading partnerships throughout the supply chain
• Ensuring products meet exact standards and specifications and are fit for purpose
• Monitoring stock levels by analysing trends, patterns and demand.
• Prepare accurate quantities and materials schedules
As a Buyer you will need the following qualities and experience:
• Experience as a buyer role in a fast-paced manufacturing/FMCG environment.
• Knowledge of MS Excel Word, MRP or ERP systems key.
• Team player with experience working closely with Operations, Warehousing, Production & Distribution
• Confident with communication across all levels
• Good negotiating skills
• Experience of importing / shipping of material to the UK a key advantage
Logistics & Supply Chain Workforce are responsible for placing thousands of dedicated professionals out to work across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include Food Production, Food Processing, Warehouse, distribution and Planning. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.