We are a small (circa 35 people) but successful, privately owned and managed UK specialist precision engineering business, based in Coventry. The company has been operating for over 40 years and has a strong international reputation for providing high quality tooling solutions for a wide variety of machining applications. Refreshingly open and direct in its approach to its customers, suppliers and employees, the Company prides itself on balancing the need to maintain high standards of professionalism and quality, whilst retaining focus on its most valuable asset, its people.
As a result of growth in its overseas markets and new product developments, we are at currently looking to recruit to various high calibre production staff, including now a CNC Programmer/Setter/Operator to support our manufacturing team in a well-equipped and modern machine shop.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and confident individual who is keen to play a key and pro-active part of a small but dynamic and friendly team.
• Programming setting & operating 3,4 & 5 axis milling machines
• Performing basic offsets. program changes and tool/tip changeovers.
• Loading and unloading of parts.
• Deburring in cycle.
• Quality Inspection of parts using micrometers, Vernier's and gauges.
• Working from Engineering drawings to BS / ISO standards.
• Initial training and integration on Day Shift to be followed by flexible shift working on evening and nights as required. (Shift Premium to apply)
• Experience with Hurco VX 30i & 60i machines with WinMax/Hiedenhain controls is highly desirable.
• Setting & operating skills are a must and preference will be given to those candidates with programming experience.
• The ideal candidate will have a Mechanical Engineering qualification or suitable apprenticeship, but a long proven track record could also suffice
• Ability to interpret and work to Engineering drawings.
• Ability to plan and work from own initiative, with minimum supervision.
• Willingness to work to all current shift patterns.
• Applicants will need to demonstrate attention to detail and reliability.
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.