Hours: Full Time (Monday to Friday, 07:30am-4:30pm, Friday 07:30am- 11:30am)
OVERVIEW & SCOPE OF ROLE:
This role is responsible for the set-up, operation, and programming of CNC Surface Grinding machines aswell as manual surface grinding machines. We require operators to be able to read customer drawings and have a high level of input into the manufacturing process. The preferred candidate will be an apprentice trained Engineer capable of working with good mechanical engineering skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & REPONSIBILITIES:
• Setting machines in accordance with H&S regulations and the process control plan
• Manual grinding, operating and setting
• CNC Surface Grinding using Fanuc & Siemens controls
• Interpreting component drawings to determine specifications
• Using measuring equipment to ensure components meet specification.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
Day to day duties will include the following:
• Fanuc & Siemens control programming in ISO G code ESSENTIAL
• surface grinding
• Knowledge of manual handling
• Able to confidently work to engineering drawings.
As a person you will need the following qualities and experience:
• A willingness to learn new skills and share ideas and knowledge
• Well presented with a positive, proactive and professional approach
• Ability to build and maintain successful relationships with colleagues
• Demonstrates a high degree of integrity and a consistent approach
• Effective verbal & written communication skills
• Able to work to targets and deadlines
• Flexible to work outside of normal contracted hours when production requires.
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.