• Take part in a courses / personal development tasks as set out by the Business
• Continually develop knowledge working your mentor to move towards membership of the ICE and ultimately chartered status;
• Produce designs for the company's products to relevant codes and standards. Substantiate designs with formal calculations for internal and external review
• Assist the estimators and designers in preparing Quotation / Proposal documents and produce structural schemes as required.
• Interpretation of architects and structural engineer's drawings.
• Attend meetings without support and to speak about technical issues and promote the company. To be smart in appearance and conduct all affairs both inside and outside your normal place of work in a professional and efficient manner that promotes the Company and enhances its reputation;
• Have in depth knowledge of building physics relevant to market sectors to ensure technical liaison with Architects, Engineers, specifies, contractor and approved installers on all design and technical issues;
• Ensure that the requirements of CDM are followed;
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with designers to implement and interpret engineer's schemes
• Check drawings and calculations/ Review and interpret technical drawings
• Use and develop design tools in various software packages to increase efficiency specifically experience with AutoCAD is desirable
• Sharing experience and knowledge and putting forward improvements to engineering teams
• Achieving deadlines agreed with your Line Manager.
• Work with customers and other involved parties in all decision making where a risk or action may be required.
• Maintaining the satisfaction of existing clients and development of new skills and services in accordance with the company business needs. Develop customer relations and develop strategic partnership;
• Keep the manager informed of changing situations and progress in achieving tasks and respond promptly to requests for information both internally and externally;
• Work with Line Manager to develop a culture which addresses the root cause analysis of Engineering related ENCR's;
• Carry out any other duties that may be required to provide technical support for the KSBS products.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Experience with AutoCAD and 3D modelling tools
• A degree qualification in engineering is required;
• Experience with light steel frame work
• Demonstrate sound reasoning, engineering judgement and problem solving skills
• A sound knowledge and experience of working on load-bearing structures, off-site prefabricated structures and light gauged steel frame.
• Working knowledge and experience in using Euro codes and British standards
• Be aware of the requirement to work as part of a team. Adopt a flexible approach to workload whilst demonstrating a willingness to take on additional work. Deliver administrative records on time and up to date;
• Knowledge and skill in using design spread sheets etc.as necessary and the ability to handle data