Job Title: HR Business Partner
Reports to: Head of People & Compliance.
Salary: 32,000 - 35,000 per annum
Department: People, Compliance and Transport
Responsible for development, recommendation and administration of approved policies and procedures in human resources, employee relations and related issues, that are consistent with strategic plans and objectives of the company. To ensure all payroll related functions are carried out efficiently in accordance with company policies, procedures and work practices. To meet all statutory compliance requirements as dictated by various governing bodies.
Duties will include but not limited to those listed below.
• Maintain complete employee records.
• Process payroll on time and ensure accurate cost allocations.
• Monthly reports, journals and statutory returns
• General enquiries and inquiry resolution.
• Provide cost analysis and wages information as required for budgetary purposes.
Human Resources & Training:
• Lead and direct the Human Resource team to deliver a comprehensive HR service to the business
• Employee Relations: managing long term sickness absence, disciplinaries, grievances, change management. Performance Management: coaching managers on performance management issues and processes
• Learning & Development: providing guidance on development for managers and their teams
• Recruitment & retention: working with the HR and Recruitment Administrator to ensure smooth running of recruitment for all stores and HO; taking overall responsibility for recruitment activity and campaigns.
• Policy & procedures implementation of new HR policies, procedures and processes
• Ensure all company policies and procedures are up to date in line with current employment law. Ensure line managers are up to date with changes to any policies.
• Working with senior managers, coaching them and advising on all people issues
• Deal with complex disciplinary/grievance and HR issues, using HR and company knowledge evidencing appropriate decision making skills
• Managing priorities between casework and projects
• Managing HR budgets
• Ensure training expenses are monitored and training records are effectively maintained.
• Develop and review the performance appraisal system, succession planning and administering reward, recognition and compensation plans including bonuses, wages proposal and salary review recommendations.
• General HR - ensure the quality and direction of human resources is aligned to company strategy and objectives.
Accountabilities and Activities:
The following headings detail the accountabilities that will be used in detailing the goals and objectives that are required for the job role.
c.Internal Business Processes
d.People: Learning and Growth
Treating Customers Fairly
Create and maintain a good working relationship with the Operations teams and wider Management Team so that the needs of our customers can be met at all times and the vehicles can be fully utilised and used on profitable work for the company.
Qualifications, Training & Experience:
• CIPD qualified or equivalent University qualification.
• Generalist HR experience within a HR environment
• Superb communication skills honed in advisory roles
• Examples of adding value as both an individual contributor and active team member
• Experience of dealing with senior and sometimes challenging individuals
• Ability to build rapport quickly with key members of the executive team.
• Ability to represent the Human Resource function as part of the bigger business picture
• Confident directing HR and advising managers on all aspects of people management and development.
• Strong understanding of employment law
• A professional and commercial approach to HR, with the ability to deliver high employee satisfaction, appropriate development and reward for individuals.
• Strong analytical background and proficient in use of MS Office Applications
• Ability to communicate and influence at all levels in line with our core values
• Ability to problem solve
• Confident to adapt to change
• Proactive approach
• Excellent attention to detail
• Time Management - Ability to organise and plan workloads
• People Management - Ability to coach, mentor and drive through success.
• PC Literate - Microsoft packages, SAGE 50 payroll are desirable