Multi Skilled Engineering Supervisor
Location: Greenford / Hayes
Salary: 35,000 - 45,000 DOE
Hours of Work: Fixed shift Tuesday - Saturday or Sunday - Thursday
Purpose of the Multi Skilled Engineering Supervisor:
The role of an Engineering Supervisor is to take responsibility for the coordination of the engineering and maintenance functions on site. You will be responsible for supervising a small team of multi skilled engineers and carrying out both electrical and mechanical work such as planned maintenance activity, reacting to breakdowns, finding out and eliminating the root-cause of problems and working on continuous improvement projects.
Multi Skilled Engineering Supervisor Responsibilities:
• Overall supervisory responsibility of a small engineering team across our Greenford and Hayes site to ensure the highest level of operational efficiency form yourself and your team.
• Assign general engineering and maintenance tasks to the team and follow up on their successful completion.
• Follow a planned preventative maintenance (PPM) schedule for all plant, equipment and machinery.
• Carry out PPMs and repairs in a safe and hygienic manner as stated within the company Quality Management System ensuring that operational efficiencies are not adversely affected.
• Promptly respond to plant, equipment, machinery breakdown or fault to ensure minimal downtime on operations.
• Participate as required in the installation and commissioning of new plant, machinery and equipment.
• Ensure tools, toolbox contents, parts and consumables are documented into and out of any food handling area.
• Oversee service contractors for onsite compliance.
• Mentor and supervise apprenticeships and handymen.
• Participate in Health and Safety meetings by reporting on engineering and maintenance tasks that have been or are yet to be completed which relate to the Health and Safety of the business.
• Be part of a call out rota to take a turn to be 'on-call' and ready to come into work if there's a major problem.
• Manage holidays, absence and capability of your team
• Participate in site audits ensuring all paperwork and data is prepared
• Be responsible for any ad-hoc duties as and when required
Health & Safety
• To ensure your team are working safely at all times.
• To ensure the health and safety of those that could be affected.
• To ensure that machine and plant is safely isolated or made safe as appropriate.
• Promote a safe working environment by following best practice at all times.
• Participate in regular checks and inspections of the workplace.
• Comply with personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements
• Actively engaged in risk assessments for continuous improvement.
• Continuous and prompt status update of all plant, equipment and machinery following PPM's or breakdown actions to your line manager.
• Liaise with equipment manufacturers and suppliers at a technical level effectively communicating any concerns or queries.
• Regular communication with your team to ensure they know what tasks are outstanding and priorities of the business.
• Ensure that all tasks carried out within the PPM schedule, breakdowns and fault repairs are fully documented including activity, repairs, equipment status and the use of consumables and parts.
• Ensure any parts or consumables used are fully recorded for accountability and replenishment.
• Ensure engineering management systems updated accurately and timely and that paperwork and date is completed accurately and is always readily available.
Multi Skilled Engineering Supervisor Requirements:
• You will be a proven multi skilled Engineer with experience gained in a high volume, fast paced food production environment and have experience supervising a small engineering team.
• Experience of working on steam generators
• Need to be proactive, flexible and excellent communicator.
• At least 5 years of experience within a similar role and 2 years' supervisory experience.
• Must have proven track record of fault finding.
• Good communication skills to directly interact with internal and external clients at the appropriate technical level.
• Ability to work individually within a small engineering team but larger operations team.
• Experience of refrigeration, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrics and industrial facilities.
• Experience of working with 3 phase, inverters, motors, compressors, condensers, DC current, abrasive wheels, dehydrators, PLC's and PPMs.
• Knowledge of fault finding on industrial sized boiler, servicing and power flushing.
• Intermediate working knowledge of MS Office and data logging systems.
• Mechanical and electrical engineering qualifications to HNC level or equivalent.
• The Nationally Accredited Certified Scheme (ACS) Commercial Gas
• Fluent English - both written & verbal.
• Must live within a reasonable commuting distance to work base.
• Flexibility to travel, on rare occasions, to other UK company sites for special purposes.
If you think that you are suitable for this Multi Skilled Engineering Supervisor role, please apply now!