Design Engineers will be Responsible for the design, detailing & technical specification of large
• Ensuring timely, safe and cost effective designs to customer/international specifications
• System design & technical calculations in support of Project Manager.
• Supporting procurement by advising on purchase order technical specifications
• BOM Management in conjunction with procurement manager.
• Technical supplier liaison
• Client Liaison
• SDRL management in conjunction with others.
• Following the company Quality, H&S and Environmental Management systems.
• Applying company design standards
• Resource planning.
• Specification of project related testing activities
• Liaison with design staff, Workshop Manager, After Sales Manager, suppliers and customers
during project implementation.
• Ensure compliance with all Regulatory requirements concerning the design and application of
equipment used on each project.
• Maintain Calder's operational systems related to project implementation and engineering
Preferred Skills, Competencies & Experience:
• Qualified Mechanical Engineer
• Design Engineering responsibility for projects valued between 30,000 & 5,000,000
• Experience of rotating part machinery in power ranges from 30kw to 500kw.
• Knowledge of hydraulics and electro mechanical control systems.
• Experience of offshore or similar demanding Documentation regimes.
• Experience of working on manufacturing projects which incorporate heavy equipment.
• Confidence with I.T. packages.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with suppliers and customers.
• Technical knowledge of pumping systems and/or package-build equipment using motors and
• A sound working knowledge of AutoCad/Solid Edge is required.
• Working knowledge of Quality Systems including documentation
• Experience of certification and association documentation would be useful, but not essential. Previous experience in the Oil & Gas industry preferred.
• Experience of process industry and hazardous area working preferred.
• Full clean driving licence required