Shift Pattern: 08.00 to 17.00 Monday to Thursday, and 08.00 to 13.00 Fridays, with designated breaks
Opportunity Summary: We have a vacancy within our Quality Department and are currently recruiting for the role of Quality & EHS Manager. We are looking for candidates who have relevant and proven experience seeking an opportunity to develop their skills and join a growing Organisation.
Create and sustain the standards for QHSE every day in the area under responsibility by:
1. Implement a comprehensive and documented delegated audit structure to control and improve the performance of EHS and Quality in line with required targets and standards. This includes but is not limited to:
a. Create an exhaustible list of audit points, to be checked at defined frequencies (several times a day, daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually)
b. Perform Job Safety Observations (JSO) according to a rolling schedule and use them as a practical and interactive way to complete parts of the audit routine, including cover-age of any critical safety processes (for example, observe employees perform a lock-out / tag-out operation, then ensure machine cannot be started).
c. Effective application of the EHS Model to create a safe, healthy and environmentally compliant place of work, and a culture which promotes adherence to these principles.
d. Process compliance audits to identify, contain and correct potential Quality and EHS is-sues
e. Identifying actual or potential problems (variations to the required target or standard) and taking the necessary actions to contain, solve or escalate these problems within an appropriate timescale by engaging others
f. Engaging with employees to develop competence and involve them in sustaining standards and improving performance every day
2. Improve investigation, problem-solving and follow-up of accidents and near-misses (corrects behaviours, stops repetitive accidents and identifies potential causes of accidents before they happen).
3. Using the output of the Walk the Floor routines to report on performance against the agreed metrics under EHS and Quality, and to identify problems for resolution by the operational teams.
4. Monitoring the resolution of identified problems for EHS & Quality, accepting an effective solution, and ensuring that the new standards determined by this solution are maintained, and where necessary, built into the Walk the Floor routines
5. Improve employee engagement through regular promotional and participative events such as Accident-Free Months and EHS Awareness Talks
6. Maintain and audit the Quality and Environmental management systems in line with ISO9001, AS9100, Nadcap, ISO14001 and any customer specific requirements
7. Maintain and report against key performance indicators, taking remedial action where necessary
a. Create awareness of the (cascaded) objectives of the business, together with the current performance against these objectives and plans and take accountability for delivering the objectives specifically assigned to the area of responsibility.
b. Participate in Lean Events to improve any aspect of performance associated with QEHS
c. Develop employees to ensure they are trained to carry out the job(s) assigned to them, and to positively contribute to the performance and agreed standards of the area and in line with corporate values.
d. Build a Personal Development Plan to improve their own personal performance and effectiveness in this role.
• At least 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with similar technologies
• At least 3 years of experience working within an aerospace Quality environment
• Fully conversant with the requirements of ISO9001, AS9100 and NADCAP
• Fully conversant with the requirements of ISO14001 and ISO45001
• NEBOSH (or equivalent) Qualified
• Customer specific experience desirable - Rolls Royce, Safran, Siemens, General Electric
• Have demonstrable experience of maintaining and auditing systems
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.