Office Administrator / Order Processor -Purchasing
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:30pm.
If you have a natural attitude which is people focused and on delivering good results and want to work hard, be part of our clients friendly team and an expanding company and can do the following tasks with opportunities for progression as the company grows, this could be the perfect role for you.
You will be responsible for: Ensuring customer satisfaction is assured and sales are increasing profitably by processing customer orders correctly, advising on correct products, identifying buying patterns and sales opportunities and communicating with other team members to make sure our customers are satisfied. In addition, you will be responsible for creating purchase orders, negotiating prices and delivery schedules, sourcing, and cost reductions initiative for purchasing office.
Essential Job Results:
Achieve Financial Objectives
By ensuring all orders are processed accurately. Also identifying up selling and cross-selling opportunities being aware of buying patterns and making sure we are receiving expected orders, spotting efficiencies for the business and customers. For the purchasing office, identify cost-saving opportunities and on-time deliveries.
By identifying regular requests and orders, then systemising the process, having pricing lists to hand for enquiries, clearly logging all pricing in an easily retrievable method, creating clear analysis of data to ensure quick and accurate decisions can be made. Communicating both by listening and understanding requirements and clearly delivering pricing that is understood for the recipient.
Good Financial Awareness
By having a grasp of commercial processes and being able to convert data to suit the enquiries.
Maintain Organisations Reputation and Operations
By professionally representing the organisation and having a positive 'can do' attitude and keeping information confidential.
Contribute to the Team Environment
By accomplishing related results as needed and understanding your role is a key part of the business process and timely and regular communication between all departments is vital to company success. As part of this output, you will typically be involved with tasks such as, but not limited to, these:
• Answering a high volume of in-bound calls
• Taking customers' orders by phone and email, processing them on the computer system
• Placing orders by phone and email, processing them on the computer system
• Always provide an excellent level of service, by using professional manner and operating within company values and guidelines
• Create quotations for new enquiries ensuring the price is within set guidelines
• Manage business relationships to ensure that we are maintaining business and making the most of opportunities, as well as seeking out opportunities with lapsed or prospective customers.
• Logging all enquiries
• Up-selling and cross-selling on products and generating leads
• Cost-saving exercises
• Following up on leads gained and quotes sent by sales staff
• Closing sales
• Making outbound calls and being proactive with sales promotions
• Winning new business
• Responding to customer complaints in the appropriate manner and ensuring the customer is satisfied with the result
• Associated sales activity administration
• Any duties in providing excellent customer care
• At least 5 GCSEs A-C grade. English and Maths must be included and a good working vocabulary and application of general mathematics.
• Customer Service Training
• Sales Training
• Job related training will be given.
• Candidates for this role must have previous office-based sales office experience.
• Experience within the packaging market would be an advantage but not essential.
• Computer literacy is essential
• A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office - Word/Excel/Outlook.
• Being comfortable working with numbers, i.e. quantities and pricing is vital
The hours of work are Monday - Friday 08:30 - 17:30 but you must be flexible and willing to work outside of these hours when necessary. Free parking is available on site.